Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh Beautiful Day

Amazingly I am still here, what a crazy time this has been. So much change, so much emotions, and so much turmoil...

Today I will refocus on the positive side of things. To start, I know that I am safe. I am free of the insecurities and can speak my mind when I don't like something that is going on in my life without too much repercussion. I will not be harmed in any way and am free of ever having to feel that kind of hurt again. I am safe!

I am happy and loved...
I know that even though my children are hurt right now and that they may say things that are hurtful, this is their way of dealing with the chaos that is happening around them. I am happy and feel loved and this is what they need to see in order to feel better about how things are changing. Eventually the truth will prevail and it will be fine. Some day they will grow up and be able to understand.

Instead of focussing on how hard my life has been I am going to focus on how great it will be. God only gives us as much as we can handle so I will try to keep that in mind when I am frustrated. I have wonderful friends in my life and have a strong support system from my "new" family that I now have the confidence to continue on.

I will make decisions with my own happiness and safety in mind along with my childrens', but I will take ownership over how I will allow people to make me feel. Today is another beautiful day in my wonderful life!

This quote was sent in an email from someone very special to my heart...thanks D!
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

1 comment:

  1. Greatings from Cajun Country, South Louisiana Bayo Land Where the Alligators Swim Amongst the bald cypress knees in the Land that God Remembered, my home, Terrebonne Parish (The Good Earth) and We Take Pride in Our Local Native American Reservation 'Down the Bayou".

    Your heartfelt honesty melts my heart; your optimism brightens my soul.

    Two ships passing in the night... but a wake is left behind, a mirrored memory of ships gone by...

    My Point: Ya' stole my Blog name, Lady! Guess I'll have to try "A Mothers Words Posthumously". Now, that should be available.

    Nice read, TY.

    Jackie Jordan

    @JACKIEJORDAN131 >Don't miss all the fun...<

    ReplyDelete